Choosing the Right Course for the Career is the most crucial decision to make and can be troublesome if not guided properly. In the current scenario with so many available options for courses and tough competition, it is very hard and confusing to decide for both students and parents. With so many influential people around, we often get swayed or simply do what is told by our parents.
But it is very important to know and analysis your interests as well as options available in that field. Let us have a look at the Top 10 Popular Courses in India to understand your career option in a better way:
In an organization or business, a person who strategizes and coordinates the efforts of employees is known as management. If you are a kind of person who loves to or think that (s) he can easily plan, organize, select staff, lead or direct, and control an organization to accomplish various goals, then management courses can give you direction to accomplish various objectives by using human and financial resources efficiently and effectively.
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad and Bangalore are one of the Top Management Colleges In India.
As an academic discipline, there are some important degrees in management like MBA (Master of Business Administration) and MPA (Master of Public Administration). Where you can start your career as Supervisors or front-line managers, Senior Managers and then gradually can lift to Board of Directors, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) or President of an organization.
- At least 3-year Bachelor degree or equivalent in any stream with the minimum of 50% or equivalent marks for general category.
- In case of SC/ST or PWD (person with the disability), you need to acquire at least 45% or equivalent marks.
- Final year under-graduate student/equivalent qualification is also eligible.
- Have to clear management entrance exams i.e. CAT/XAT/CMAT/NMAT/MAT/ATMA to get admission in Management Colleges.
The famous business magnet for inspiration:
- Ratan Tata – Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons
- Aditya Vikram Kumar Mangalam Birla – Chairman of the Aditya Birla Group
- Anand Mahindra – Chairman and managing director of Mahindra Group
2. Engineering B.Tech and B.Arch, M.Tech, ME, BE
Application of mathematics, empirical evidence and scientific, economic, social, and practical knowledge in order to invent, innovate, design, build, maintain, research, and improve structures, machines, tools, systems, components, materials, processes and organizations is known as engineering. It is one of the favourite program opted by many science students after completing 12th as it has the highest paying career in the world.
In India, you need to earn few degrees in the engineering field that are regulated by the University Grants Commission (UGC) and the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) like B.E (Bachelor of Engineering) and B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology). After these bachelor degrees, you can further pursue M.E (Master of Engineering), M.Tech (Master of Technology) or M.S (Master of Science).
- Candidate should pass the 12th examination with minimum aggregate of 60% marks for PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) and PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology).
- Need to clear any engineering entrance exams i.e. Jee Main, Jee Advanced, BITSAT, VITEEE, COMEDK-UGET, KCET, KEAM, IPUCET, NATA, WBJEE, MHTCET, AP EAMCET, UPSEE, etc.
- Should not exceed 23 years on the date of examination.
Famous people for inspiration:
- Late Kalpana Chawla an Astronaut
- Bill Nye is known as the Science Guy
- Neil Armstrong – Astronaut
These days the computer is an integral part of education and is also the lifeline of the young (student) generation. With the increasing popularity of computer, IT industry is also evolving and growing. Computer Application is defined as the computer program designed to perform a group of coordinated functions and tasks for the benefit of the user. The student of computer application basically study those software programs to learn to operate the system.
To have in depth knowledge of Computer and Information Technology, BCA (Bachelor in Computer Application) is one of the Popular Course in IT field. In 3 years of course duration, you will study about a database, networking, data structure, core programming languages like C++ and Java to become Software Developer/Engineer/Programmer. You can also go for Master degree in Computer Applications after BCA that is equivalent to Engineering Course B.Tech.
- Minimum 50% marks including English in 12th.
- Minimum age limit is 17 years whereas maximum age limit is between 22-25 years.
- Some universities take admission on the basis of entrance examination and personal interview.
- But some universities take admission on merit basis as well.
Famous people for inspiration:
- Mark Zuckerberg – Chief Executive Officer of Facebook, Inc.
- Sergey Brin – President of Alphabet Inc.
- Larry Ellison – Co-founder of Oracle Corporation
4.Designing – Fashion/Interior/Web
Creation of a plan or convention for the construction of an object, system or measurable human interactionis known as design and the person who professionally work in one the various design areas like – fashion, concept or web-designing is tagged as a designer. And as a designer, you need to have a considerable amount of thought process, research, and modelling/designing. Designing is all about networking and marketing your products in a beautiful/presentable manner for sale. National Institute of Fashion Technology and Pearl Academy are one of the known colleges to pursue the course.